Friday 20 September 2013

Christmas Type Cracker Tutorial - by Andree

Morning everyone!

hope you're all ok.

One of our fabulous DT members, Andree, has created this brilliant tutorial for us.  I absolutely love it and can't wait to give it a go myself.  As you can see, crackers are not just for Christmas!  They're fabulous for holding wedding favours and for all sorts of parties.  They're just so pretty.

 Andree has made it all look so easy - can't wait to have a go myself! 

Andree has used the Owl Card Kit 2 to make this beautiful cracker.

Lexie
xx

********

This is my tutorial to make a Christmas style cracker. 
Step 1: I took an A6 piece of 250gsm card and glued it into a tube.
Step 2: I used the Owl Kit 2 and in MCS I printed off a red tartan paper in A4 size and two papers I'd resized to A6. I matted the topper in MCS and copied it so I could print it out three times. I also created a sentiment but decided not to use it in the end.
Step 3: I cut out the three toppers so I could decoupage the layers. I used a punch on the edges of the tartan  and owl papers and trimmed the red paper so it was slightly wider than the owl paper.
Step 4: I put a wet glue on the tube and one long edge of the tartan paper then wrapped it around the roll. I secured the ends with clothes pegs until dry. I put glue on the reverse side of the red paper and curled it around the tube. I did the same with the owl paper and secured them with rubber bands and left to dry.
Step 5: I scrunched the tartan paper at the ends of the tube and tied tightly with twine. Don't forget to add any presents before tying the second end.
Step 6: I added a couple of die-cuts and the owl topper with wet glue, then mounted the other layers of the topper with foam pads.
Andree.


7 comments:

  1. Great tutorial Andree! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous tutorial Andree, it looks great using the Owl Kit papers.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW FABULOUS AND GORGEOUS I LOVE IT ANDREE, THANK YOU FOR SHARING XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant tutorial Andree! You're such a clever chicky and it shows how much work has gone into it! Thanks for sharing with us all :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab tutorial Andree, thank you very much. I think I will have to try and make some this year! Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies. I'll be looking out for your crackers :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments. They are much appreciated and all read, hence why I have set it to moderate so that I make sure I don't miss any. If your comment does not appear straightaway please do not send it again as it has gone through but is waiting for me to read it. Thank you and take care.
Lexie
xx