Thursday 5 December 2013

Andree's Creating Decoupage out of Digis Tutorial

Morning everyone!

Hope you're all ok? 

We have a fabulous tutorial for you today, and this one was put together by the lovely Andree to demonstrate just how easy it is to create fabulous decoupage from digi images.  So over to Andree...

********


I love to create my own decoupage, it's really quite easy to do. Even from digi images. Here I have created a decoupaged topper from the Santa 1 digi from the Scribble & Scrap Shop.


I started by opening up my MCS program and importing the Santa image. I shrunk the image to the size I wanted then copied and pasted it so I had four identical digis. I wanted to work quickly so I used the digital stamp tool and roughly cut out a bit of the background on each image until I was left with just the lower leg closest to the front. I arranged the cropped images on the page and printed it out.


The next stage was to colour the digis. I chose traditional colours and used Promarkers. As you can see, I didn't colour the areas which wouldn't be seen once the decoupage was layered up. And I ignored the areas I hadn't cropped that wouldn't be used for the decoupage.


Once coloured, I cut all the images out, removing the pieces I didn't want. Here I have laid them onto a piece of card for the photo. They will be layered up starting with the top right image and working anti-clockwise.


Finally the decoupaged image layered up with foam pads. Decoupage is a simple but effective way to add depth to a card and can be achieved very easily.

You will have to wait until Sunday to see what I did with my decoupaged Santa where it is my DT card for the next Scribble & Scrap challenge.

Andree

********

Thank you for the great tute, Andree...looking forward to your next one!  

Don't forget to head back on Sunday to see just how Andree's digi decoupage card turned out!  

Take care everyone and happy crafting!
http://www.anisigs.co.uk/img/LexieKDHMtransp.gif

5 comments:

  1. wow thats great and it looks gorgeous.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tute, Andree Andree...thanks for that!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    This is fantastic. Thank you so much for the knowledge that you share with us.
    I hope that you have a fantastic day.
    Love and best wishes.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Andree, this is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tutorial, gorgeous image and card, i do decoupage all the time and love the dimension it gives to the image
    caroline x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments. They are much appreciated and all read, hence why I have set it to moderate so that I make sure I don't miss any. If your comment does not appear straightaway please do not send it again as it has gone through but is waiting for me to read it. Thank you and take care.
Lexie
xx